Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lions For Lambs

We must not forget Iraq. George W's Iraq. What was accomplished? The Death of Saddam Husein! The same could have been done, with a bullet, fired from a mile away. Why did the US move it's troops from a successful campaign in Afghanistan. A mission, where the US had an "identifiable enemy" in Bin Laden and the Taliban. Equally important, the World Wide Support, we enjoyed. A Global backing, the US hadn't seen since World War II. Why did we "truly" go into Iraq? Was it for the oil? Maybe it can be traced to relationships, established decades ago, with the "House of Saud." When Saudi Princes where sent to the US to be educated. Where long term relationships, fostered back then? Could the House of Saud, in the 60's & 70's foresaw the benefit of befriending the future leaders of America? The future Bush's & Cheney's and who knows who else. I do know, after 9/11, the UN & the Western World was horrified at the "falling of two buildings." Our Allies joined forces with us and we went into Afghanistan. In Robert Redford's movie; Lions For Lambs, Meryl Streep asks the Senator; "With the World supporting the US in Afghanistan, why did we go into Iraq?"

I want to know why? I thought this would finally be talked about, even investigated with our new President. It hasn't.
I AM TIRED OF HEARING FROM THE MEDIA & GOVERNMENT; "FORGET ABOUT WHY WE WENT INTO IRAQ, WHERE THERE! WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH TODAY." History repeats itself, the answers to tody's problems, lay in history. WE NEED TO KNOW WHY? WHAT REALLY HAPPENED? HOW CAN WE SO EASILY, DESTROY THE ENEMY OF OUR ENEMY? I think Robert Redford's movie gave as all reason to THINK!!! I wish he would do an Honest Sequel. The way things are going now, with Iran so close to becoming Nuclear, the realistic possibility of Pakistan's Nuclear Arsenal, falling into the hands of Terrorists or Radical Extremest Muslims, we had better find out the whys. We cannot let the whys happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment